By joining SCAD, you not only receive all of the benefits of being member, but your membership dues help SCAD to achieve
our mission statement: "The Association is committed to advocacy for all deaf and hard of hearing residents in South
Carolina. They are to be assured of equal access to a comprehensive, coordinated system of services, and encouraged
to achieve their maximum potential through increased independence, productivity and integration into the community."
Your membership dues help SCAD to fund programs, classes and educational opportunities for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community. SCAD’s current membership fees are as follows:
- Individual - $20.00/year
- Married Couple - $35.00/year
- Senior Citizen Individual (Age 60+) - $15.00/year
- Senior Citizen Couple (Age 60+) - $25.00/year
- Student - $10.00/year
- Associate (per non-resident person who lives outside of SC) - $20.00/year
- Business - $100.00/year
Become a Member or Renew Membership
Print a Membership Form Here and mail to SCAD Office or join online securely below.
Members will receive the Association’s official publication "South Carolina News" for the duration of their membership, along with all voting privileges of SCAD. Membership categories shall be as follows:
- Regular-Individuals and Married Couples: This category is open to any adult up to the age of 60, who is a permanent resident of the State of South Carolina.
- Senior- Individuals and Married Couples: This category is open to adults over the age of 60, who are permanent residents of the State of South Carolina.
- Student: This category is open to anyone with a valid student identification card from a secondary or postsecondary school.
- Associate: This category is open to anyone who lives outside of the State of South Carolina.